Bring your experience and unique expertise writing this type of content, but keep in mind the target audience and the company's Voice Profile ™.
It's important to follow the instructions, cover all the keypoints and general essay/blog post rules and structure.
What is a blog post?
Blog posts should be concise, direct, and brimming with personality and shareability.
They typically provide an opportunity to interact with the customer's target audience in a more casual manner than is common with other types of content and must be written to match the unique style and tone of any company.
Blogs are the cornerstone of the content strategy and are typically between 400 and 600 words in length
Bring your experience and unique expertise writing this type of content, but keep in mind the target audience and the company's Voice Profile ™. It's important to follow the instructions, cover all the keypoints and general essay/blog post rules and structure.
What should the blog structure be?
For every assignment you will need to come up with:
- Article title
- Article Text
- SEO focus keyword phrase
- Meta title
- Meta description
The blog title should be catchy and give the reader an idea of what the article will talk about. It should be 35-60 characters and include the keyword.
The article itself should also have a certain structure:
- Opening (introduction) and lede
Introduce the topic with a few sentences. Explain the importance and relevance of the topic (focus on why the topic is important instead of only mentioning it)
The main development of the key points and your thoughts.
- Structure this part to sections: use subheaders and
- Use lists for scim- and scan- reading
- Edit your text to improve the readability
- Include links to sources you refer to
Finish your article with a summary and a call to action. If there is no call to action mentioned in instructions, create a summary that will provoke the reader to spend a minute or two thinking - you never want them to forget it right after finishing.
4. Meta data:
- Meta title: a condensed (35 to 55 characters) version of the article title.
- Meta Description: a few-sentence summary (between 50 and 300 characters) of the article to entice readers to learn more. Include your exact keyword phrase in the description.
- SEO focused keyword phrase: word or short phrase that represents the topic of your article.